How to Measure Ring Size
First, you should know about lab grown diamonds ring size is traditionally measured in inches or mm. Main features that are used are the following:
- The diameter of the ring
- Inner circumference
To get a diameter is easy. Just take measured circumference and divide it to p Constanta that is 3.14 in the period. Be aware that Aussie and European classification differs from the US.
Measure Your Ring Size Steps?
So, to get the right size, i.e. when you want to buy a ring with lab-created diamonds, you need to get its inner circumference. To do this at home, you can choose one of the following methods.
- Take a tailoring tape and wrap around your finger. The value is actually the inner circumference you need.
- One more option is to take a thread and do the same thing. Measure the length of the thread with the ruler. That’s it!
- If you are a skilled builder you may have a tool like calipers in your inventory. Place your finger’s first phalanx between its sides and you’ll get a diameter of your ring.
Find a local jeweler to help you choose your ring size!
By the way, it is a great option not to get disturbed with finding out your ring size. For this, you can get a consultation from one of the local jewelers. He will calculate your size accurately.
More Ring Size Tips
There are also some tips you should know.
- Never measure your fingers in the morning because at this time it may be thinner due to dehydration. To measure it in the late evening is also a bad idea. Your fingers may be swelling and the ring will be bigger than you need.
- In summer, when the weather is hot, the size of your finger will be bigger due to swelling. In winter because of cold, tissues may shrink and the size differs.
Ring Size Chart
If you want to buy a right size of a ring that’s a little chart for you. With it, you can easily choose an appropriate size. Well, if you have already chosen the wrong size of a ring, do not worry. We have good news for you. Lots of ring options can be resized.
What Happens When My Ring Is Resized?
If the ring is bigger than your finger, it is up to your jeweler to make it smaller. In some cases, the ring can be extended too. But it works not for all designs and types. Better, ask your jeweler if your ring can be resized.
What If I Order the Wrong Size Ring?
There are some tips you may take into account.
- If there is less, than a fortnight after your purchasing, you can ask for a refund and return the ring or change it for an appropriate size.
- You can get it to the jeweler to resize it.
- You can take it to the pop shop to sell or to the jewelry store to exchange for a more suitable item.
One can judge the type of the stone presented by its look.
Rings That Can’t Be Resized
There are some rings that cannot be resized due to their configuration or design. They are:
- Titanium or platinum rings because special equipment and skills of a jeweler are required for this
- Openwork rings that can lose their shape after the intrusion
- Pave rings where gems are covering the full surface
How to Determine Ring Size
If you have a ring and you do not know its size, the best option is to take it to the jewelry store where the professional will measure it. You can also determine the size with the calipers’ help.