Engagement Ring Design Process
Your Order Includes
The Best Solitaire Engagement Rings
The engagement ring has changed in style over many years. Jewelry stores have tried to keep up with the trends and changes in engagement ring design. The one ring that has not had many changes in its design is the solitaire. For many years, the solitaire engagement ring has been a staple of jewelry stores. It all began with a simple band of yellow gold with a diamond or gemstone placed on top. Its simplicity was perfect. Looking down at your hand was a diamond, pearl, or gemstone being proudly displayed on your hand. This simply perfect design, started with the craftsman of Tiffany & Company back in 1886. Since then, the design has had gone through subtle changes. Although, some will say the original is still the best! Tiffany still uses a six prong head for a round solitaire, but the solitaire engagement ring is not limited to round diamonds.
Solitaire Designs Today
Solitaires can be more affordable than other options because the focus is on the center stone, instead of other diamonds or design within the engagement ring. With so many choices of shape and gemstones, the solitaire has evolved to accommodate new arrivals in gemstones and shape. Although the band around her finger is relatively simple, the head will secure that diamond on her finger. For example:
- Round and oval engagement rings are set in 4 or 6 prongs heads. Four prongs will show off the stone more, making it appear larger than a 6 prong head.
- Pear shape engagement rings are set in 3, 5 or 6 prong heads.
- Emerald, Radiant, Cushion and Princess cut engagement rings are set with 4 prongs and may have slight variations.
- These shapes are not limited to diamonds. These heads are designed to fit personal style and taste.
The Solitaire Engagement Ring Choices You Have
Jewelry stores have been looking to offer their customers choices for the diamond solitaire engagement ring. Some customers felt that they were priced out of a beautiful engagement ring or that they did not want a diamond for personal reasons. Either way, until 1998, customers had few options. Looking for something beautiful, durable, and cost-effective was not possible. No one wanted a CZ that would last a year at best because it was too soft. Jewelry stores tried lab created white sapphire, but it lacked brilliance. The moissanite arrived and gave the customer the alternative they were looking for. Their moissanite solitaire is more brilliant than a diamond by 2 ½ times, more durable than any stone but diamond, and very affordable. A 2-carat round diamond can cost anywhere between $15,000 and $30,000. But the moissanite equivalent can be $1500 or less, including the solitaire setting. Today, moissanite is available in all the shapes we use in fine jewelry, as well as in a variety of beautiful colors.
The Sofia Lior Solitaire
The solitaire engagement ring offers a unique look focusing on the center stone, whereas a halo engagement ring gives you the illusion of a larger stone because the entire ring design is the point. The solitaire is the ultimate symbol of engagement and is not used in any other way. Solitaires, unlike halo engagement rings, allow the wearer to choose any wedding band to accompany their solitaire. Halo engagement rings are usually part of a set, whereas solitaires give you the freedom to choose a wedding band. The craftsman at Sofia Lior will create a stunning solitaire as well as help you find the perfect wedding band. For a selection of handcrafted solitaires and wedding bands, see our online selection at Sofia Lior Diamonds to find your perfect solitaire engagement ring.
What Are Solitaire Lab Grown Diamonds
What are solitaire lab created diamond engagement rings? Firstly, they embody traditions. This design is chosen by millions of people worldwide as an engagement ring. In this design, a ring has only one but considerable gemstone in the middle. Most often, such a model is presented to a girl when making an offer. After the wedding, the bride can take off her ring or wear the engagement accessory along with the wedding accessory. The cut of a diamond or other insert determines the type of ring (round, marquise, emerald, cushion).
- A princess cut solitaire diamond ring is always a good idea, as it looks gorgeous with its sparkling flashes of light created by lots of facets.
- The round-cut ring is also among the most popular, as it is a perfect match when you need a thin ring with a small but expressive gemstone.
- A solitaire lab diamond ring with an emerald cut looks laconic, as the number of facets for this cut is less than for the round or princess one. But it is perfect if you want to show the clarity of a gem.
- Cushions and pears are often used for creating the best solitaire engagement rings, especially solid ones, as these cuts are appropriate for big stones larger than 2 carats.
When thinking about the best setting for a lab grown solitaire diamond ring, we can confidently say it is an engagement ring that will perfectly underline the beauty of a gemstone.
Classic Solitaire Engagement Rings
When it comes to design, lots of customers seek a classical design for such a ring. What’s considered a classic?
- A ring with a smooth, thin shank.
- Made of yellow, rose, or white gold.
- With a diamond set in the middle.
- Without any additional decoration, such as a sprinkle.
Of course, the size of such a ring matters. For the engagement, it is necessary to find an accessory that will match both the girl's expectations and her palm's shape. As usual, people choose among the following options:
- 1-carat solitaire engagement rings that look tiny but beautiful, they look good on a thin young palm and suit perfectly for a young girl.
- The 2-ct solitaire diamond ring is a universal solution for any girl.
- For brides who have already been married for their second marriage, a 2.5-carat solitaire diamond ring will be a godsend as it looks more solid.
- The weight of a gem from 3 to 5 carats in a solitaire diamond ring is extremely large, and it can be a symbol of prosperity and love. These types of rings look good on big palms.
These tips will come in handy when you ask, “What carat diamond should I get?”
Solitaire Engagement Rings and Its Qualities
There are also some other qualities of a ring and its gem that should be considered when you are planning to buy a solitaire lab diamonds ring.
- Choose the color first. Flawless, colorless diamonds are classy, but when you want to add a bit of extravagance, yellow or black options will be suitable.
- The cut matters. Diamonds, especially lab-grown ones, can be cut into various shapes depending on their size, clarity, and color. The most popular are round, pear, princess, emerald, or heart-shaped cuts.
- The clarity of a gem is also meaningful. The higher it is, the better the gemstone sparkles.
And it is the price that also matters. Perhaps, if you are not a multi-billionaire.
Cheap Diamond Solitaire Engagement Rings
Today, you do not need to save money for years to buy a ring for your soul mate. Cheap rings with solitaire lab diamonds do exist! Here are some tips on how to get them.
- Buy a lab created diamond solitaire ring online. Sometimes, jewelry shops set lower prices for their online stores as they do not have lots of expenses to sell items online.
- Choose a ring with a small diamond. Even a 1-carat ring can look splendid.
- Evaluate the beauty of lab-grown diamonds instead of natural stones. They are more than 10 times cheaper while looking similar.
WHERE TO BUY LAB GROWN DIAMOND SOLITAIRE ENGAGEMENT RING IN DALLAS, TX?
Solitaire engagement rings with man-made diamonds have their own sparkle and charm. Lab created diamond solitaire engagement rings are only gaining momentum with new customers or those who own laboratory diamonds. In Dallas, Texas, you can come to our showroom and make sure you can find a solitaire engagement ring for your type of laboratory diamond. Our Dallas jewelry store is focused on selling engagement rings to fit any form of lab-grown diamond, and you can be delighted with our selection and collection of engagement rings.
If you have not bought a lab-grown diamond yet, then you can buy one from us and at the same time choose a solitaire engagement ring by its type. So that the laboratory diamond stands out against the background of a beautiful engagement ring! Also, you can order a custom engagement ring or the best solitaire engagement rings from us! If you have not decided on a diamond for the shape of the ring, or you already have a diamond, but you want a unique engagement ring!
FAQs Solitaire Engagement Rings
A solitaire engagement ring is a ring with a single gemstone in the center. There are no other diamonds or gemstones on the ring, and the band is usually plain, with no diamond pavé. Simply put, this is a classic engagement ring with a diamond set in the middle of the ring.
The price for a 1 carat solitaire diamond ring ranges from $3,500 to $12,000.
The price for a 2 carat solitaire diamond ring ranges from $5,000 to $50,000.