WHAT IS A LAB-CREATED DIAMOND?
Unique in their qualities, lab created diamonds are considered a sign of high status, profitable investment and a standard of true beauty. Exquisite brilliance, perfect clarity and size make each individual gem especially priceless. But in addition to diamonds obtained by cutting diamonds mined in quarries, today the world is conquered by their synthetic counterparts – lab-created diamonds. What are they? Let’s get some info about synthetic diamonds.
What Are Lab Grown Diamond Engagement Rings?
Among the diversity of engagement rings, lab-made diamonds engagement rings are a new trend. They are made of pure gold but the gemstone that is a part of their design is a unique masterpiece of human thought. It is similar to a diamond by its sparkling, clarity, color. Besides, the weight of a lab-grown stone is bigger. Even its structure is quite similar due to the process of its crafting that resembles the natural process of growing a diamond but in rapid.
Lab-created engagement rings include these diamonds that could be hardly distinguished as human-made. Even a sophisticated jewelry pro can not find out whether it is a natural gem or a lab-created one without special equipment and tests.
When a happy fiance asks how to choose an engagement ring with this kind of stone, we advise just to look at it. There are lots of splendid designs for lab-grown diamond engagement rings, as they are very gorgeous and exquisite. So you are welcome to trust your own heart and taste to choose the best one.
How to choose an engagement ring and rings style
The first thing that should be considered when we are talking about the choice of a jewelry no matter for a man or for a girl, is its design and style. As with so many countries so many customs, so each person has his or her own peculiarities that make us unique. And it will be a good idea to enclose these peculiarities in a piece of jewelry created for a very special occasion that is engagement
Lab-created diamonds engagement rings can be almost similar in their style to trendy jewelry with natural stones. Even more, due to the price of a lab-created gem, you can afford bigger diamonds and get more of them for your ring. You should not think that if lab-created diamond rings are cheap, they are not looking deluxe. They are! They have intense sparkling and their cut is almost the same as of a natural gemstone. So what engagement ring styles can be chosen?
- Classic thin laconic rings with a solitaire diamond of a round or emerald cut are always on the top of popularity as they suit everyone. It may seem a bit old-fashioned, but it is not a big deal as engagement is a tradition itself.
- Modern geometry-shaped rings that resemble washers inlaid with small diamonds in a Cartier style are looking exclusive and luxury.
- Extraordinary rings with hidden diamonds inside their inner side are also an interesting idea.
- Pave-style rings are ensuring that a bride is a chick person.
- Art-deco style is a good idea for an engagement ring as it is fancy and light, reminiscent of elven jewels.
There are lots of options available for a synthetic diamond engagement ring. You can choose among ready-made designs or provide your own idea by ordering custom engagement rings for your loved one.
ARE LAB-CREATED DIAMONDS REAL DIAMONDS?
That is the first question that arises from lovers of exclusive jewelry. And we can safely say: yes, lab-created gems are real diamonds, indistinguishable from stones mined in wildlife. While their creation, they acquire all the characteristics that mined diamonds have including such specific features as strength, structure, shining, refractive index etc.
Calling synthetic diamonds a copy is wrong. Rather, it is the same mineral, produced in different ways. It’s worth noting that the only differences between the two are the way they appear. In one case, stones are born in nature, in the other, a person puts his hand to their creation.
If nature needs to spend millions of years creating stones with perfect purity from carbon, then thanks to the advanced technology, people have enough minimum time to grow a diamond in a laboratory.
Nowadays, the business of creating synthetic stones and lab grown diamond rings are very popular and diamonds are even made from the ashes of cremated people. Let us consider in more detail how the process of diamond synthesis occurs under laboratory conditions.
HOW ARE LAB-CREATED DIAMONDS GROWN?
The idea to make diamonds came to people 300 years ago, when it was revealed that these stones are composed of 100% carbon. But before the first successful experiments, at least 2 more centuries had to pass. By the way, the automobile giant General Electrics became the pioneers in the field of making diamonds in laboratories. True, the first samples of artificial diamonds were far from ideal: they were very small in size and of imperfect clarity. Today, things have changed and laboratories can grow really big stones. The maximum size of an artificial diamond entered in the Guinness Book of Records is 34 carats.
SEVERAL TECHNOLOGIES ARE USED TO PRODUCE ARTIFICIAL DIAMONDS
- Thermobaric method (temperature and pressure). The stones obtained by this method are relatively inexpensive since the costs are not high. The bottom line is heating (1500 degrees) carbon under high pressure (50,000–70,000 atmospheres) with the participation of metal catalysts.
- CVD – a method of chemical vapor deposition. Stones grown by this method are used in optics and electronics. Using heating (3100 degrees) or microwave radiation, hydrocarbon gas (methane) is deposited on a silicon wafer. The resulting film is 2–3 mm thick
- Explosive synthesis. An artificial copy is made from graphite under high pressure due to the detonation of explosives.
- Ultrasonic cavitation. A graphite suspension is added to the organic solvent under normal conditions, and an artificial mineral is grown under the action of ultrasonic cavitation
- The first two methods are especially popular because they can be used to get perfect cut diamonds that are used in jewelry
BENEFITS OF LAB-CREATED DIAMONDS
The main advantages of lab-created diamonds are:
- Ability to grow stones of perfect clarity and the desired color
- Ability to grow large size diamonds rarely found in nature
- Growth rate in the laboratory is much faster
The cost of finished stones is much lower because the costs of extracting natural diamonds, their cutting and evaluation are much higher than the costs of laboratory methods.
LAB-CREATED VS. MINED
If we compare artificial diamonds with those mined in nature, then the only drawback of the former is their ideal shape. Many connoisseurs prefer unusual and often defective natural diamonds that have their own nature. But for jewelers, such unique designs become a real pain in the ass due to the complexity of their use. So is it worth paying more for a mined diamond if its lab-grown diamond is equally beautiful?
THE MOST POPULAR ENGAGEMENT RINGS WITH LAB CREATED DIAMONDS
As in every segment of jewelry, for engagement rings with synthetic diamonds, there are also public favorites. We are ready to introduce these public favorites among lab-diamond rings. Here they are!
- lab created diamond solitaire ring
- side stone engagement ring with lab created diamonds
- pave engagement ring with lab created diamonds
- Three-Stone Engagement Ring With Lab created Diamonds
- Halo Engagement Ring With Lab created Diamonds
- Vintage Engagement Ring With Lab created Diamonds
- Unique Engagement Ring With Lab Grown Diamonds
Most of these lab created engagement rings can help you find the right ring and buy it. A lab created diamond on such a lab engagement ring will sparkle with great brilliance and delight the lucky person of such a ring.
Lab-Created Diamonds Engagement Rings for Men and Women
As usual, engagement rings with diamonds are a prerogative of women. Some men think that diamond rings are looking girlish and suit only for kitch. But it is not so! There are also splendid designs of engagement rings developed specially for a strong half of humanity. You may appreciate a signet ring with a big solitaire in the center that looks brutal and manfully. There are also special up-to-date designs that are unisexual. For example, there are Cartier-style rings with diamonds inlaid in the center of a wide flat ring surface. In case you are seeking similar rings for him and for her, this option will be good for you.
How to Find Engagement Rings Near Me?
Of course, it is essential not to drive hundreds of miles to get your perfect pair of engagement rings. So the request to buy engagement rings near me is quite normal. One more thing that requires from you to buy engagement rings in Dallas if you are a local, is a pandemic that provides certain limitations. We advise you to choose among the following options:
- You can go to the nearest mall in Dallas. It doesn’t guarantee you that you’ll find something very special here but for classics, there are lots of designs.
- You can buy engagement rings online. Better, read reviews of customers on the store you are going to buy your rings in. This can help not to come to fraudsters.
It is not easy to find rings with lab-grown stones even in network stores but you can get them online as engagement rings of that kind are available in stock and for custom order in Sofia Liore store.
Yellow Gold vs White Gold Engagement Rings
One more thing that should be mentioned when finding engagement jewelry is the type of metal. As usual, it is gold. But what kind of gold to choose? If we compare yellow gold engagement rings with white gold ones, first are looking classic and traditional. But if your girlfriend prefers silver or white gold jewelry for casual wearing, you should choose white gold to make a perfect match with other pieces of jewelry. For diamond engagement rings, all kinds of gold suits including fashionable lemon gold or rose gold. And it is no matter to choose among gold or silver engagement ring as silver does not enclose the beauty of a gem in a way gold does. We are sure that our tips will be useful for you and you’ll buy a real masterpiece to present your bride on this special day.
Where To Buy Lab Created Diamond Engagement Ring In Dallas TX?
Engagement rings with man made diamonds have their own sparkle and charm. Lab created diamond engagement rings are only gaining momentum in buying from new customers or those who own laboratory diamonds. In Dallas, Texas, you can come to our showroom and make sure you can find an engagement ring for your type of laboratory diamond. Our Dallas jewelry store is focused on selling engagement rings to fit any form of lab-made diamond, and you can be delighted with our selection and collection of engagement rings.
If you have not bought a lab diamond yet, then you can buy it from us and at the same time choose an engagement ring by its type, so that the laboratory diamond stands out against the background of a beautiful engagement ring! Also, you can order a custom-made engagement ring from us, if you have not chosen a diamond for the shape of the ring or you already have a diamond, but you want a unique engagement ring!
Why Lab Created Diamonds?
Brilliants does not cost a fortune
LAB-CREATED VS. MINED
As lab-created diamonds continue to grow in popularity, diamond shoppers will be asking themselves this exact question. But, the only one who can answer that question is the shopper.READ MORE
DESIGN YOUR OWN LAB CREATED DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING
Match A One-Of-A-Kind Diamond With One Of Our Unique Engagement Settings To Create A Timeless Lab Diamond Engagement Ring That Will Be Affordable and Beauty. Call us (214) 655-8822 to schedule a private appointment.