The Radiant-cut diamond has a rectangular or square shape with an octagonal contour and is a combination of the stepped and brilliant cut. The Radiant-shape diamond combines the elegance of the Emerald and the beauty of the Princess. The corners of the diamond are trimmed to increase the brilliance. This cut looks especially attractive when processing a large stone.
Thanks to the beveled corners, the Radiant-cut gem is easy to fix and less prone to chipping.
Is There Any Difference Between Lab-Grown Radiant Diamond and Radiant Diamond?
Today lab-grown diamonds are at first glance indistinguishable from natural stones. And for Radiant diamonds, this rule works 100%. But there are a couple of differences, and they all play in favor of laboratory stones.
- Such diamonds have a higher brilliance due to the fact that their refractive index is higher than that of natural stones.
- They are of more clarity as artificial stones are less likely to have impurities.
- The Radiant cut allows the use of large clear water diamonds. In nature, they are very rare, but in the laboratory, it is easy to grow such stones.
- The price of lab-grown diamonds is much lower.
Pros&Cons of Lab-Grown Radiant Diamonds
If we talk about the merits, then diamonds of this cut have a lot of them:
- They are aesthetic and expressive at the same time.
- They can be used as solitaire, for example in Radiant diamonds engagement rings.
- They are suitable for daily wear.
As for the shortcomings, they are not too significant for such a cut. So, it can be called a disadvantage that there are not too many sparks and overflows of light, compared to the Princess cut or the Round cut. Like any other stone, be it a natural diamond or a lab-grown diamond, a Radiant-cut diamond must be certified. During certification, all basic indicators are taken into account including 4Cs, symmetry, refractive indices, the number of faces and their location. When you buy Radiant-cut diamond rings, you have the right to request a certificate from the seller for each stone inserted into the ring.
What Difficulties Can You Face When Choosing a Radiant-Cut Diamond
Each cut has its own characteristics. And they must be taken into account when choosing jewelry. When we talk about Radiant cut, it is important to pay attention to this 4Cs that are the main characteristics of gemstones.
- Carat number. The more carats, the more expressive this type of cut looks.
- Color. For such a cut, color gradation is very important. Only diamonds in the color spectrum from D and above in Radiant-cut diamond engagement rings will look beautiful.
- Clarity. Due to the special position of the facets, clarity is very important for this cut.
- And of course, the precision of the cut also plays a role. The stone must be symmetrical.
Why Would Such a Cut Be Ideal for People with Active Lifestyles?
Radiant-cut diamonds have a flat plateau on the bottom and their facets are placed at the lower angle. They are less prone to damage, and due to their flat shape, Radiant diamond engagement rings will not be able to accidentally scratch the skin, get tangled in the hair or damage the surrounding objects. No wonder they are recommended for purchase to people with an active lifestyle.
Why Does a Radiant-Cut Diamond Appear Larger? Radiant is a unique cut. Due to the location of the edges, it visually looks larger than the same round one. The rectangular shape also visually increases the size. 2 Types of Radiant Cut Diamonds: Rectangular & Squarish
Since the Radiant provides a fairly flexible format for cutting stones, today there are two subspecies of such diamonds. The differences lie in the aspect ratio of the stone.
- In the Rectangular subspecies, the stone is more elongated along the vertical axes, the length of the side faces is longer than the transverse ones.
- In the Squarish subspecies, the stone has a more pronounced symmetry, it is closer to the Princess cut in its appearance.
Best Setting Designs For Radiant Cut Diamond Engagement Rings
A gem as eye-catching as the Radiant-cut diamond is amazing in itself. And for it, the best design will be the one in which the central stone is present – that is, the Radiant-cut diamond itself. You can appreciate the beauty of this cut in the following ring designs:
- Radiant-cut solitaire engagement rings. One, but large stone always looks aesthetically pleasing and stylish.
- Want to add more shine? Opt for Radiant-cut halo engagement rings. They will definitely have a maximum of overflows and sparks.
- Radiant with side stones engagement rings are the golden mean. In addition, for such a ring, you can choose the most exclusive designs and embody the most daring ideas.
What Size of Diamonds Will Be Great Choosing for Radiant-Cut Diamonds? For Radiant cut, the principle of the bigger is the better works. If you compare one-carat Radiant-cut diamond with a 2-carat Radiant-cut diamond, you’ll definitely see the difference. Even more, if you are looking for a solid and luxurious option, a 3-carat Radiant-cut diamond ring is fabulous. Yet, you’ll be amazed by the look that 4-carat Radiant-cut diamond ring and bigger options have.
What are radiant loose diamonds?
Those are diamonds as they are without any setting or jewelry
What type of metal will be good for Radiant-cut lab-diamonds engagement rings?
As usual, gold is the perfect match for diamonds. Take a look at the yellow gold Radiant-cut engagement ring or at the white gold Radiant-cut engagement ring to evaluate that metal
What is the difference between Radiant vs Emerald-cut diamonds?
Despite quite a similar shape, Radiant provides a gem with more sparkles than Emerald cut. In the piece of jewelry, a Radiant-cut diamond will look more vivid and shiny.
What is an elongated Radiant-cut diamond ring?
That type of design is featured with an elongaten gem setting due to which the ring looks stylish and covers the phalange almost fully.
Why Lab Created Diamonds?
Let your business grow trough this stunning theme
DESIGN YOUR OWN RADIANT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING
Match A One-Of-A-Kind Diamond With One Of Our Unique Engagement Settings To Create A Timeless Radiant Lab Diamond Engagement Ring That Will Be Affordable and Beauty. Call us (214) 655-8822 to schedule a private appointment.