Pave Engagement Ring with Lab Grown Diamonds
What Is a Pavé Engagement Ring with Lab-Created Diamonds Mean?
Choosing an engagement ring is always a bit hustle but very joyful process. And today there is no need to choose only from standard classical designs because there are lots of unique and good-looking rings that are looking unusual but pretty.
Let’s look at one of such engagement rings type that is called Pavé. If you need to compare Pavé with something it looks like a sparkling wreath of ice drops – such an effect is made by precise jewelery masters, inlaid gold or platinum with dozens or even hundreds of diamonds using the Pavé technique.
WHAT IS A PAVÉ ENGAGEMENT RING SETTING?
Pavé is a frame that consists of many small gemstones arranged in such a way that the piece of jewelry appears to be paved with them that’s why it is called so. The stones in this Pavé frame are held in place by small prongs that look more like tiny beads of metal.
This method of setting gems, beloved by many, involves an almost invisible setting. Imagine how myriads of snow-white diamonds are combined in a single composition, which sparkles with millions of highlights, like snowflakes. They create a breathtaking effect, so don’t be surprised that Pavé diamonds create the most sparkling jewelry! Jewelers, who are fluent in the art of inlay work, work with minerals of any shape. Despite the fact that the most commonly used round stones, a jeweler can create a precious surface from stones of almost any cut.
Pavé technique is a complex method that needs jewler’s talent and skills. Gems need to be fixed on one level and for the round shape of a ring, it’s not a piece of cake to reach such perfection. That is why Pavé rings are always highly evaluated by experts.
WHY CHOOSE A PAVÉ ENGAGEMENT RING WITH LAB GROWN DIAMONDS?
The stones commonly used for Pavé rings are diamonds. But jewelers don’t stop only with natural gemstones. Today, it is increasingly common to see luxury jewelry made from laboratory-grown diamonds. Why are these gemstones so successful?
- In laboratory conditions, it is much easier to grow a diamond of exactly the shape and clarity that a jeweler needs.
- Accordingly, the cost of such diamonds is much more loyal, which means that the total cost of the ring will be quite affordable, even if dozens or even hundreds of stones are used for it. Compare with the price of a similar ring made from natural diamonds and you will see a significant difference.
- At the same time, even an expert will not be able to determine visually which diamonds are used in your ring.
- And also cultured diamonds have a more pronounced brilliance than natural ones.
PAVÉ SETTINGS FOR EVERY SHAPE OF LAB CREATED DIAMONDS
There are several ways to set stones using the Pave technique.
- Micro Pavé is a technique in which stones are arranged in close rows so as to completely cover the surface of the ring. It feels like there is no metal in the ring at all, but it is created from only miniature diamonds, which are held together by magic, not otherwise.
- French Pavé is also using rows of gemstones but they are set in such a way to reflect the maximum of light. For this, each set is made in V-shape.
- Petite Pavé rings are made of one row of diamonds being maximum 1.5-2.0 mm wide. It looks gorgeous and airy.
PROS AND CONS OF A PAVÉ SETTING
Let’s underline the main pros and cons of Pavé setting!
- Such ring reflects light amazingly and it looks luxurious.
- Variety of technique manners allows to choose a ring of any width and with any number of gems on it.
- Pavé setting is trendy and it looks up-to-time.
There are no much of them, actually. The main one is that you cannot enlarge the ring’s size due to a large amount of gems.
Pavé rings with lab-created diamond are a good choice for engagement. Every bride will look extremely gorgeous wearing it.
For a wedding proposal that will truly make her jaw drop, choose from one of Sofia Lior’s many stunning pave engagement rings. A definite tribute to the exquisite beauty of diamonds, our pave engagement ring settings surround your perfect center stone with a breathtaking band of diamonds that glitter and shine all the way around your bride-to-be’s finger. Sofia Lior’s pave diamond engagement rings give the illusion of a solid diamond surface (rather than just the gold or platinum band). Each diamond is intricately set using tiny beads or prongs so that very little of the metal band shows, and the glorious diamonds appear to be free-standing. Our pave engagement ring settings generally look best with our princess cut or cushion cut engagement rings.
Recently purchased Engagement Rings
Find the diamond engagement ring or bridal set of her dreams from our selection of designer styles.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
ALSO OF INTEREST
LAB CREATED DIAMONDS – IS IT WORTH BUYING SUCH A DIAMOND?
As you know, diamond is the most durable of precious stones, nature spends at least several thousand years on its creation. Only in the 14th century
HOW TO CHOOSE A DIAMOND? GUIDE TO BUYING LAB GROWN DIAMONDS
For over 100 years, our jewelry stores have been helping couples create truly magical moments. Ask, “Will you…?”
WHAT IS BETTER MOISSANITE OR DIAMOND?
To help you find your ring size, our diamond experts have created this complete ring size guide with a ring size chart, printable ring sizer, and even tips for measuring at home.