Moissanite is the gem that shook the jewelry market in Dallas, TX. Today, many collectors, lovers of jewelry and celebrities seek to possess a jewel including Moissanite engagement rings and diamonds. And moissanite solitaire engagement rings have become a real manifestation of luxury and a fashionable accessory for many newlyweds.
What is moissanite?
We will say a few words. It is a very rare mineral that was discovered in minimal quantities in kimberlite rocks. It is believed that this is a real guest from outer space because there are many of such stones in cosmic dust. By the way, firstly it was found exactly in the Diablo Canyon meteorite.
Often moissanite is artificially grown gems consisting of carborundum. Moissanite diamonds is characterized by a high refractive index (higher than diamond's refractive index), natural gems have a deep green or black color, but artificial ones can be of any shade. Today they are actively used in the production of jewelry.
How to Choose Moissanite Engagement Rings?
Moissanite is a gemstone that has a powerful energy. Regardless of whether you choose natural moissanite extracted from meteorites, or prefer a stone grown in a laboratory, its bright shine will perfectly emphasize the bright personality of the bride.
As for the shape and type of cut, large moissanites on a wide ring are better for girls with large fingers, tall and slender brides. But it is better to decorate the thin graceful hands of a miniature bride with a pavé engagement ring. At the same time, it is worth choosing a shade of stone. Traditional moissanites, completely repeating diamonds are good for adherents of classical traditions, but bright stones of yellow, pink, green shades will emphasize the originality of the bride's character and her tendency to experiment.
Choose Moissanite Engagement Rings by Style
If we talk about the style of the rings, then there is also plenty to choose from.
- The classic engagement ring is a ring with one large stone in the center. And for moissanite this is always the right choice, because this stone shines brighter than a diamond! At the same time, the cut of moissanite can be practically any, from round cut and "Heart" to "Princess", "Asher" or "Emerald".
- Pave and Petite Pave are the rings most often chosen by young couples. Small moissanites in one or several rows covering the ring look very bright.
- Three Stone Design is another popular type of engagement and wedding rings. Three stones at once on a strip of gold or platinum look stylish and laconic. An ideal choice for those who do not like the deliberate brightness of pavé rings, but are not going to be limited to one moissanite.
There are also options for the style from old-fashioned rings with rich luxury inlay and fantasy form of gems to laconic minimalism, steampunk design or eco-style imitating natural materials from wood to stone from raindrop to mist performed in gems and metal.
Choose Moissanite Engagement Rings by Shape
Therefore, one more option you have to choose for your soulmate is the shape of a ring. Here, let’s begin with the width of a ring. Thin rings with one to three gems look classical. Rings of a middle width are appropriate merely for every design from single-stone to pave. And if you like solid shape and big, recognizable jewelry, then you have a choice among wide rings of gold or platinum or even titanium.
Selecting a Quality Moissanite Diamond: The 4 C’s
Then, you need to choose a gem itself. To get high-quality moissanite, it is easy to take into account a popular rule of 4C approved by the US Gemological Institute.
- Clarity of a gem. Only gems with perfect clarity are worth your attention.
- Color. It is quite easy to get in a lab merely every color of moissanite. But the most beautiful and rare are clear crystal gemstones, yellow and rose ones.
- The cut is also a matter of choice. For big gems it is suitable to choose Asher, Pear, Princess, Oval cut. And small diamonds are looking good with Round cut or Emerald cut.
- Carate is a measure of gem’s size and it is always a matter of boast. The bigger size of a gem you choose for your bride, the cooler she will look in her friend’s eyes.
Most popular Moissonite engagement rings in Dallas
As diamonds, moissanite has become one of the best gems for engagement ceremonies. This trend is actively developing today. What can you give to your soulmate with moissanite to express your feelings?
- Moissanite Rings with Diamond Side Stone
- Pave Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Moissanite solitaire engagement rings
- Three Stone Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Engagement Halo Ring
- Vintage Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Unique Moissanite Engagement Rings
Rings with stones on the sides look no less stylish. The sparkling moissanite will be the center of the composition and diamonds will complement it with their brilliance.
Pave rings are always a dizzying sheen. And if moissanites are used as at least part of the stones, such pave moissanite engagement ring will simply radiate light.
If you want to make a special gift for your girlfriend, the Moissanite solitaire engagement ring will come in handy. The shine, size and incredible shine are sure to delight her.
If you prefer classics, then three stone moissanite engagement ring is the best choice. Neat laconic rings with three stones in the center look elegant and expensive.
A Halo ring is a find for girls who believe that there is no limit for gems in jewelry. Large moissanite in the center and a smaller halo made of gems are a great engagement idea.
Despite the fact that moissanite began to be used for the production of jewelry not so long ago, there are also vintage-style rings with this stone on sale. And we recommend that you pay attention to vintage moissanite engagement rings if you like jewelry with a fleur of the past.
And, of course, it is always better. to choose an engagement ring, which will be one of a kind. It is these unique moissanite engagement rings that courageous and modern couples usually choose. The moissanite stone has already replaced the diamond from the pedestal. And if you like to be in trend, moissanite rings are definitely your choice.
Moissanite engagement rings benefits
Type of Moissanite Engagement Rings
ALSO OF INTEREST
LAB CREATED DIAMONDS – IS IT WORTH BUYING SUCH A DIAMOND?
As you know, diamond is the most durable of precious stones, nature spends at least several thousand years on its creation. Only in the 14th century, scientists and jewelers learned how to cut diamonds
10 ENGAGEMENT RING STYLES FOR 2020
Choosing an engagement ring is always a bit of a challenge. No one wants to buy them blindly and for many, it is necessary to find out what is trendy in jewelry fashion this year.